- Monthly Community Picnics
- Activities the day of the event
- Let us know you are interested
- Waivers & Guidelines
- Things To Bring
- How else you can help?
- Location Map
- Dropping off donations?
LA on Cloud 9 can exist only with the efforts of our amazing volunteers. When you volunteer with LA on Cloud 9, you join many other people that are just like you. Our volunteers are full of compassion and with a lot of love in their heart.
Please click on the tabs to the left for more information regarding volunteering.
CHECK-IN 8am – 8:30am
SETUP 8:30am – 10:00am
- Canopies and tables are assembled
- Accept donation drop-offs
- Sort clothing by gender and age groups
- Food setup
DISTRIBUTION 10am – 11:30am
- People are greeted and given a hot meal
- When available, toiletries are distributed
- Clothing is displayed and distributed
- Assistance is given out until we are completely out of food and clothing
CLEAN-UP 11:30am – 12pm
We have a few areas where you can volunteer:
Pet Supply and Food Distribution area
Line Control for the food, clothing or hair cuts
Arts & Craft monitor
Please download, sign and bring a waiver for each participant.
*Note for volunteers
CA Health & Safety Codes 113969 – Persons preparing, serving, or handling food or utensils shall wear hair restraints, such as hats, hair coverings, or nets, which are designed and worn to effectively keep their hair from contacting non-prepackaged food, clean equipment, utensils. We will be providing hair nets on the date of the event. You are welcome to wear caps if you prefer.
All volunteers will be must follow these basic rules:
- Please be respectful to our neighbors
- Restrooms are available across the street by the soccer fields. Restaurants nearby may have available restrooms for a fee of $1
- All goods and services are exclusively for the Homeless and less fortunate. This includes but not limited to clothing, hair cuts, arts and crafts and special event gifts for the children of the homeless or less fortunate. Volunteers are encouraged to educate other volunteers that attempt to receive goods or services for the homeless. If you require assistance, please notify any board member of LA On Cloud 9.
- Please dress appropriately for the weather.
- Please wear sunscreen and/or hat
- Please wear sanitary gloves while serving food. We have gloves available at every event.
Things to bring
ALL OUTDOOR EVENT
Please be mindful of the weather.
On sunny days, please consider bringing the following: Hat, sunscreen, closed-toe shoes.
On cold days, please consider bringing a hat, warm clothing.
We have LA on Cloud 9 T-shirts available for sale at the event. However, a black t-shirt is recommended.
How else can you help?
Helping is easy! Here are a few ideas on how else you can help.
Many people have closets and drawers in their home that are filled with clothing they haven’t worn in years. What better way to relieve closet space and help a per person in need of clothing than to remind people on what good they can do.
OTHER ITEMS TO COLLECT
Food that is easily distributed like individually packaged goods allow us to distribute them easily. It is important for us to be able to store them and package them in care packages or distribute them during our Monthly Community Events.
2230 W 6th St, Los Angeles, Ca 90057
West of 7th St. & South of Park View St. in Los Angeles CA
Every 4th Sunday of the month
Please let us know if we can answer any questions.
or call (323) 920-9-PAW
Help ensure the effective, efficient flow of assistance to our community and animals in need.
If you or your friends have any clothing, shoes or blankets that you no longer need, please consider donating them to people in need.
Bring A Dish
Bring your favorite dish! There is always a high demand for meals each time.